Collection of Personal Information
Personal information may be collected from you via various ways when you
- provide your personal information to register and create an account
- apply for membership
- request to receive marketing materials
- place an order through our website
- write a review or give ratings to a product
- submit enquiries to our Customer Service Support Team via email or ticketing system
We may also collect information about your activities on our site by the technologies not limited to cookies, flash cookies, clear pixels, Geo-location technologies. You have the option not to offer us the personal data. However, this may affect us in providing you with certain products or services.
The information collected will be used for the following purposes:
- monitoring and tracking your use of the site so as to provide you with a better experience while using the site;
- processing your request of purchase or subscription to our services;
- processing your instructions including replying to your enquiries and complaints. You acknowledge and agree that certain personal information about you may be disclosed on the cover of the parcel or delivery related document;
- administering any matters relating to your use or access of the site. If you use the features of a social networking site, it may lead to the sharing of information between us and the third parties;
- sharing your suggestions, comments or feedback that you provide through social networking sites or to us. Your social media and name may be published by us on social media platforms or other marketing materials to the public. In case you wish to give us feedback without being enclosed to the public, please contact our Customer Service Team;
- carrying out screening activities in accordance with legal obligations applicable to us or our affiliates;
- investigating fraud, misconduct or unlawful activities;
- complying with any applicable law and regulatory body of any jurisdiction applicable to us or our associated companies;
- responding to the requests of any governmental authority. This means that your personal information will be disclosed to such parties upon request;
- carrying out research, analysis and surveys to improve our facilities, products and services;
- providing marketing services relating to the products and/or events that exist now or will create in the future. You may withdraw from this by contacting our Customer Service Support Team;
- maintaining our information technology systems, such as storing and processing the personal data in computer databases in Australia; and
- Beauty Amora’s reporting on business achievements.
Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you give us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use the site.
Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Data
Beauty Amora may disclose your personal information to third parties and by using this site, you consent that we are allowed to disclose your personal data to those parties. The third parties include:
- our related affiliates in Australia or other countries;
- our business partners including but not limited to skincare, cosmetics, body care, health and wellness, media, information technology, banking industries;
- any of our agents, third party service providers including logistics, information technology companies.
We will however, require our service providers to strictly protect your personal data and not to disclose it to unauthorized parties.
Provision of Third Party Personal Data by You
To the extent permitted under the applicable laws, if you provide Beauty Amora with personal information of another individual(s), you confirm that
- you have obtained consent from the individuals whose personal data are disclosed to us;
- you permit Beauty Amora to collect, use and disclose the personal data for the purposes mentioned in this policy above;
- the personal information provided is accurate.
Registration Information and Request for Access and/or Correction of Personal Data
For registration on our site, you have to provide us with a password, your name, address and a valid email address. Please note that it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
You may request to access or update your personal information possessed by us. In this case, please submit a written request to us and we will need to verify your identity before dealing with your request. The request will be processed within 30 days. A fee may be charged for handling your request to access our personal data. An estimated fee will be provided. We are not required to respond to the access request before the payment has been settled.
You may withdraw your consent for the collection of personal data by submitting a request to us. However, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent, it may mean that we may not be able to process or fulfill your transaction or continue with the relationship with you.
Protecting and Handling Your Personal Data
We will endeavour to take appropriate security measures to keep your personal information strictly confidential and secure and we will take all reasonable measures to prevent accidental loss and unauthorized disclosure. We will ensure that we do not trade or sell any personal information provided by you unless we have your prior consent. However, we cannot bear the responsibility of any unauthorized use of your personal data by third parties which are not under our control.
If your personal data provided to us is going to affect your decision, we suggest that you update us of any changes in your personal information.
Several measures will be taken by us to destroy the personal data in our possession once it is no longer necessary to retain such information.
Cookies and Other Mobile Technologies
Cookies are small text files that are sent from a server computer in the browsing session. They are stored on the hard drive of the computer. Beauty Amora deposits cookies in your computer or mobile device so as to identify you and to provide you with a better shopping experience. Not all cookies collect personal data and they can be rejected in the configuration of the browser. If they are rejected, you may not be able to fully enjoy the services or features on the site. By continuing to use our site, you agree to accept these cookies.
We will implement security measures to prevent unauthorized access to visitor data. However, we do not control the transfer of data in telecommunication facilities and we are not responsible for any breach of security.
Flash cookies are data files that store information on the end user's computer. They are used to remember settings and preferences especially for videos.
Analytical tags are also used to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising by analysing what our users like to do. We sometimes work with third parties to help us track and analyse the data collected but they are not allowed to use the information for any other purposes.
Web beacons are used to track the online behaviour of web users specially to track the performance of email marketing campaigns.
Web server logs record the activities you have done to access the web pages. For instance, it may record the search terms you used or the links you clicked before accessing a certain web page. It may also record your IP address and cookies set on your browser.
Geo-location technology allows us to determine your location. We may ask you to provide location information manually or enable your device to transmit us the precise location.
To Close an Account or Unsubscribe to Marketing Promotions
If you would like to close an account, please contact us via email. Your user account will be closed within 3 working days and all information will be deleted from our system.
To unsubscribe our newsletter, please follow the instructions at the bottom of the newsletter.